Tuesday, September 22, 2009

oh! the places you'll go

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the [person] who’ll decide where to go.

-Dr. Seuss Oh! The Places You'll Go
I am the person who decides where to go now. Scary.

Until recently my life's decisions were dictated by my schooling. Each year was completed just to get to the next grade, the next step in education. Twelve years in Southern California. Four years in Northern California. Now each move is at my discretion. Next June I could leave New York and find a new city to call my temporary home. Or, I could stay where I am for another year.

I know where I need to be right now, but I don't know where I'm headed next...and that's oh k.

2 comments:

Kay said...

Kristine! hope you are enjoying your 2nd year of teaching in NYC!! :) oh, Dr. Seuss! I don't know what I'll be doing after Korea either...and that's in like 4 months! scary. =/

Linda K. said...

its more than okay my love, its absolutely how its supposed to be. Live in the moment, and enjoy today. Thats why it is the present...and if you have trouble reminding yourself, here is a little I use borrowed graciously from "The Peaceful Warrior" (recommended book/movie).

ask yourself:

what time is it? and the answer is always, NOW.

and followed by:

where are you? and the answer is always, HERE.

miss you sweetheart, came across, teach me how to love the other day on my ipod, couldn't help but smile so big. And my roommate now and I both have had nola experiences so when we talk about them, I am so overjoyed by our great memories.

you are strong and beautiful, inside and out!